Sunday, July 3, 2011

Scalloped Pears

A Pretty and Simple Dessert

 

Here is what you need:

5-6 pears

1/4 cup sugar or more to taste

1 and 1/2 tbs. Corn Starch

1/2 to 1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1 1/2 tbs. butter/margarine  cubed

 

 pears, pears dessert, scalloped pearsIMG_1240

First you want to peal, core and slice your pears.

I like them medium slices like for an apple pie.

IMG_1243

Place your slices and all of your ingredients in a

Large storage bag. Shake the contents well and

make sure all slices are coated evenly.

Now empty contents in a microwave safe bowl.

IMG_1245

(it is okay that the butter is still a bit chunky)

Place in microwave for 10-15 minutes stirring the

contents every 5 minutes.  WARNING: as these cook

the smell may actually cause your eyes to roll back in

your head with heavenly anticipation!

(I did only 12 minutes as I like the pears with a little

firmness left to them like an apple pie)

pear dessert, scalloped pears IMG_1246

I like to serve this warm with vanilla ice on top!

I got this recipe from my husband’s grandmother

and originally it was for tart apples. It is very good

with the apples too! She served it more as a

side dish much like the one’s at Chili's  or The Cracker Barrel.

Enjoy!

Linked up at: I Heart Naptime

Best Blogger Tips Pin It

2 comments: