Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pizza Dip It’s what’s for dinner!

My Husband LOVES Pizza, so much so, that I get burnt out on it.

This past New Year’s Eve we went to a friends home and had a

version of this Pizza dip and I was amazed at how good it was!

I jumped onto Pinterest  the very next day to see if

I could find a similar version to make right away, as I was too

impatient to wait for the hostess to pass along the recipe she used.

pizza dip, appetizers, dip,

I started my recipe from this one at :   Closet Cooking 

I made some small changes and added my own pizza sauce,

as you can read below:

You will need:

  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup mozzarella, grated
  • pizza sauce (see below)

For the topping:

  • 1/2 – 1 cup mozzarella, shredded/grated
  • 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
  • 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced (I cubed it)
Directions

1.Mix the cream cheese, sour cream mayonnaise, mozzarella 

and spread it across the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

2.Spread the pizza sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheeses, and pepperoni.

3. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted, bubbling

and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.

My personal Pizza sauce:

  • two small cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 2 tbs. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. garlic (to taste)
  • 2 tsp. onion powder (to taste)

Directions:

Dump all ingredients into a small sauce pan and place it on medium heat.

Stir until blended and allow to get warm. Spread onto your pizza or in this case

your layer of cheeses! YUM!

IMG_1726

I served this with a fresh salad and with a soft baguette-type

bread. (you can also use your favorite bread sticks)

 I for one, love to order appetizers as my main meal

so it was not a stretch for me to take this appetizer and

make it a complete dinner by adding a salad on the side. 

IMG_1733

This was a quick fix meal that was fun for my 3 year old

to help out with. He loves to sprinkle and snitch the

cheese and pepperoni! My husband loved it and got his pizza

fix for the week. Thinking out side box can turn a fun

appetizer into an enjoyable and unique dinner!

 

Best Blogger Tips Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment