Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Brunch

My favorite meal is breakfast!

I like to start my day right. This brunch was for my husband’s

birthday but it was also because we had my nice, her husband,

and her two adorable kids over for the weekend…..

A perfect excuse for a brunch!

blueberry breakfast, breakfast casserole, french toast

 

I have decided to start a new category called “Because of YOU!”

I love blogging and I love being creative and doing my

own thing. I also believe in giving credit where credit is due.

There are many things in blog-world that simply are

great as is and I want to try them without any

changes, but then I also want to share the experience

on my blog as my own.

So this is my first “Because of YOU!” post

Thank you to

Real Mom Kitchen

and her

Overnight Blueberry French Toast w/ Blueberry Syrup 

(Real Mom Kitchen is a new fave of mine. Take some time

to check her blog out she is amazing!)

I have to say this was an amazing breakfast dish.

I was afraid that it may come off as too sweet but it

was perfect, even the syrup was not that sicky-sweet, that

some syrups turn out to be.

French Toast:
12 slices bread, cut into cubes (french or Texas toast work well)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs   1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream)
  1. Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
  2. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
  3. Top with remaining bread cubes.
  4. Mix together eggs, milk, and syrup.
  5. Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
  6. Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  7. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
  8. Top with sauce. Serves 8.

blueberry syrup, brunch 

When I made the syrup I made a double batch to

add to my Very Vanilla Cake layered thank you gifts

featured here. What I did not tell you is that as we

finished the Very Vanilla cake off we poured the left over

syrup on the cake too. Wow what a great combo!

Blueberry Syrup:

1 cup sugar

1 cup water

2 Tablespoons cornstarch

1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

1 Tablespoon butter

Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened.

Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add butter and stir until melted.

Not only was this simple and fast but costs about an 8th

of what you would pay in the store!

IMG_1433   

(sorry for the poor photo quality it was about 3 a.m.)

I paired this scrumptious casserole with sausage patties,

Scrambles eggs and a simple fruit salad! Add a little

Mother Nature and a simple table cloth and you

feel like you are at a bed and breakfast in the country!

brunch

 

Isn’t it funny how small touches like a table cloth or

eating outside makes life wonderful!

Linked up:

Be different Act Normal    day and age design  six sisters stuff

*Iheartnaptime- Sundae Scoop

Best Blogger Tips Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is awesome!! I love breakfast too and this recipes sounds delicious! I love Real Mom Kitchen. Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you come link up again tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete