Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An old time snack into something more.

Cheese and Crackers

cheese and crackers, simple snack, elegant snack

For as long as I can remember my mom has always

loved to snack on cheese and crackers. She would

cut a few slices of cheddar from a block and throw

them on a few crackers maybe butter crackers, veggie

or occasionally a melba toast. Admittedly, it is simple

and maybe a little rugged but it did it’s good in

a busy life of raising kids.

 cheese and crackers, elegant snack

 

I found myself the other day needing a snack that was not

loaded with sugar and did not require prep or cooking.

Nuts are a great source of protein so I grabbed a handful

and like my mother, I love cheese! Put them together on

my favorite snack cracker and BAM! 

elegant snack , cheese and crackers, peacans,

There is something about those little elegant packages and

the creaminess of the cheese that make it feel upscale.

(and I admit I was enticed by the recent commercials for the

soft cheese wedges with only 35 calories, and bought two wheels!)

An old time favorite with a twist! Makes me feel like

I’m at an expensive hotel or spa.

 

What simple snack makes you feel good inside?

Best Blogger Tips Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment