I found this recipe nearly a year ago on Pinterest.
I am not a huge fan of the traditional bowl of oatmeal.. But I do
love a good oatmeal cookie! I was instantly intrigued so I set to work
with my own spin, of course.
I was thrilled to see that I could easily make these
low or no sugar!
and with the recipe primarily being made up of whole oats,
I knew they would stick to my ribs and not spike my sugar!
I also loved that I could make big
batches and freeze them for convenience.
Baked Oatmeal Muffins
*Recipe from Sugar-Free Mom
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 cups. applesauce, unsweetened
1 banana smashed
1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
5 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
3tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, honey, milk
3. add in oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and
mix well with wet ingredients.
4. I pour batter in cupcake liners only half way
5. sprinkle “toppings” of choice
6. Top fill with more batter to 1/4 from the top
7. Finally sprinkle topping of choice on the top
8. bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. eat them warm with butter, or cool and eat like a muffin
or freeze for later.
Fresh or frozen Blueberry
I have also liked : raisins & brown sugar,
walnuts & brown sugar, apple & brown sugar
This is a must try recipe whether you are into healthy
eating or just plain love a great breakfast.
They are surprisingly cake-y and not heavy.
Sugar free disclaimer:
*as I have stated before, the tiny amount of brown sugar
per muffin is equal to about 1/2 tsp. which will give you
the satisfaction of having a regular sugar muffin
but does not affect my numbers adversely. This is
a trick you have to try yourself and see if you have